Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dodgers Cutting it Way Too Close

The Dodgers' race to the pennant is a little too close for comfort. I'm not just talking uneasiness. It's a full-blown ulcer because of this race. While it does add drama to the end of the season, I would settle for the Tigers/Twins. Not this. I'm not a drama guy. Not when it directly affects me. Not when Manny Ramirez is striking out four times and setting his LOB total at a staggering six. Not when the #3, 4, and 5 hitters are a combined 0-for-12. Not when Matt Kemp falls into an 0-for-4 spiral that only gets worse with his LOB of five. And definitely not when it just seems like the Dodgers cannot win a game for the rest of the regular season. I know postseason play does not hinge on how a team finishes the regular season. But it's just so gosh-darn depressing watching failed attempt after failed attempt. When the opponent gets a runner aboard, I feel like he will score. If the Boys in Blue get a runner aboard, I fell like he will either be erased or stranded. That's not really how I want to feel right now.

No comments: