Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Editor's Note: Let the Games Begin

The NCAA Tourney kicks off tomorrow, and the overflow of info truly begins. CBS has round-the-clock coverage of every game, and will no doubt cover every possible outcome, right down to the leading scorer in the semi-finals. Every bracket will be scrutinized and created, with the predictable saying UConn or North Carolina leaves victorious or the outrageous saying CSUN walks away with the trophy. No brackets will be predicted here, though I will give you a hint as to who I think will win: the school's coach became enraged when questioned over his salary. As I watch with a UCLA pennant in one hand and a USC foam-finger in the other, the mere pageantry of the tournament is enough to entertain me. The greatest sporting event in American is about to begin, and I will turn off all the sports pundits breaking down each regional. For me, it's about what happens, not what could.

No comments: